I’m truly blessed to have an amazing hard working husband. Jim works two jobs so I’m able to stay at home with our daughter. I would be lost without him, that’s for sure.
I’m a Mom to a 2 1/2 years old girl named Mattie. Mattie is smart, beautiful and caring. Mattie is also rambunctious, precocious and a typical toddler. I love her more than anything in this whole world but some days I just want to pull my hair out…lol
Being a stay at home mom means, you don’t get a break from your job. You wake up and go straight to work. Not only are you trying to keep a small child alive but you also do housework. When I do housework, I feel like I have a mini drill sergeant yelling at me the whole time. All I hear is, Mom what are you doing, Mom can I watch Mickey Mouse, Mom can I have a snack, Mom are you cleaning again. Believe me, some days it takes a lot to stay sane.
Taking time out for yourself is very important, not just for yourself but for your child. Here are my top 5 ways that I take time out for myself.
Top 5 Ways I Take Time for Myself-
- Hide!!! I know it sounds horrible to hide from your child but you really can never hide. I literally have to run to the bathroom, if I want 5 minutes to myself. During those 5 minutes, I have little hands reaching under the door asking me if I’m pooping, if I wiped and saying Mommy I miss you so much.
- Taking a shower or a bath. Before becoming a mom, showering was something I did out of necessity. Now it’s become a luxury. Early in the morning, it helps me relax before my day starts and at night it helps me unwind after a crazy day. I recommend some aromatherapy while bathing or showering.
- Arts and crafts- I love doing crafts and this is something that I can do with my daughter. I love being able to create something out of nothing. This definitely helps with any anxiety that I may be having that day.
- Talking to adults..lol. For most of my day, I talk to my toddler. We mostly talk about cartoons, toys and poop. Seriously, she talks about poop way to much. So it’s nice to have friends that are moms. They know what you are going through and can reassure you that you’re not crazy. I have some amazing Mom friends who I definitely admire and would be lost without.
- Direct sales business- This might not be for everyone but having a small direct sales business on the side helps me connect with people. Plus, it lets me contribute financially even though it might be a small amount. I like being my own boss, I don’t have a two year old telling me what to do..lol
There are my top 5 ways I take time out for myself. These definitely help me stay sane, even on the craziest of days.
What are ways that you take time for yourself?
Thanks for reading my post. Don’t forget to like, comment and follow.