I love the dollar tree, they always have good finds especially when it comes to makeup.
A couple days ago I stopped at our local dollar tree to check out their makeup aisle. There wasn’t much to choose from but I did find some N.Y.C lip products.
Expert Last Lip Color in Sugar Plum and Blue Rose
City Proof Intense Lip Color in Metropolitan Mauve.
The two Expert Last Lip Color is nicely pigmented but the Intense lip color is anything but intense.
Not bad for only $1 a piece.
When I saw that Wet n Wild had come out with primer and setting spray I was intrigued, I love the Wet n Wild Fergie eye shadow primer and I was hoping these would be just as good. Well…..
Wet n Wild Primer– claims to be “magic potion”, refine pores, fills fine lines, brightens complexion and evens skin tone.
My thoughts– This was not a “magic potion”. I don’t feel that it actually did anything at all. My pores and fine lines were still noticeable. If I would have used my foundation without the primer, I feel I would have had the same results. I will not be repurchasing.
Wet n Wild Setting Spray– On the bottle there are no directions or claims. I forgot to use this until after I applied my mascara, which was a huge mistake. I had mascara all over my eyes. Unless you have waterproof mascara, don’t spray after you apply mascara. That was a pain in the butt to fix.
My Thoughts– Since there are no claims printed on the bottle, I can’t say that the claims are false. But what I can say is that I don’t feel that this product in any way helped my makeup at all. It felt like I sprayed water on my face. My makeup didn’t last any longer than if I wouldn’t have used the setting spray. I will not be repurchasing.
I was hoping for a cheap alternative but you always get what you pay for, I’m just glad these were buy one get one 50% off.
This is my first FOTD..yay!! I love doing my makeup. Sometimes I will spend an hour just playing around with different looks. Not so much now that I have an 11 month old but makeup is a great stress reliever for me.
- Wet n Wild Coverall Primer
- L’Oreal Lumi Cushion in N2
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in light
- Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in ivory
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in light
- Milani Powder Blush in Coral Cove
- Maybelline Brow Drama in light brown
- Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the day eyeshadow primer.
- Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bon palette
- Covergirl LiquilineBlast in black
- L’Oreal Voluminous Original in blackest black
- Wet n Wild Photofocus setting spray
Coming up I will have reviews on some of these products.
I just wanted to say thank you. I have 50 followers and I could not be happier. This is a fun hobby and I’m so happy that you all have took the time out of your lives to read my blog.
Thank you again for taking this journey with me.
I’ve been using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for 3 weeks. I’m not really sold on this product yet.
- It’s really easy to use. You just wet a cotton round and sweep it across your face. Pretty easy.
- No need to wash your face after.
- It’s refreshing and it don’t strip my skin of moisture.
- Cleans my face good after a couple cotton rounds.
- While this is fast and easy for my face, it seems like it takes forever to take off my eye makeup and some of my lip products. I even go by the direction and hold it on my eye for a few seconds and I still feel like I have to rub to get all my makeup off.
- I wouldn’t be able to travel with this bottle because the lid doesn’t seem like it would stay shut in my bag.
The pros outweigh the cons, so I think it’s ok but it won’t be a holy grail product for me. I think this is good for when you get home late at night and want to remove your makeup without having to wash your face. But eventually you’re gonna want to wash your face. There is no replacement for good old soap and water.
So… I have been on weight watchers for a couple weeks now. I have been horrible lately. I haven’t wanted to weight myself because I know I’ve gained weight. This morning I decided not to prolong the inevitable and weight myself. I was right and I gained 7 pounds. I was so upset but I have no one to blame but myself.
I’ve been eating a lot of fast food and pizza and not logging my points. Yesterday I bought a bunch of healthy snacks and soups for lunch. I have motivation but I lack will power, if I see a piece of pizza I will eat it. I know I can do it and I think now that I’m writing about losing weight, it will help motivate me to keep on track.
This nail polish was so easy to apply and it has lasted 4 days already. I’m a stay at home mom, so I’m constantly picking up my daughter, washing dishes, doing laundry and all the other fun stuff that stay at home moms do. I’m so impressed with this nail polish. Usually by now I would have already took my nail polish off because it would have been chipped. I think this will now be my go to nail polish. Wet n Wild is really stepping up their game.